What We Do
Wisconsin Women Cycling is a Non-competitive Cycling Event Management company. As a privately owned and operated entity, our focus at Wisconsin Women Cycling is event creation, planning and management of non-competitive sporting activities primarily set around cycling - women cycling in particular.
Check out our events!
Through networking and outreach efforts, we strive to create safe, fun, social and educational environments meant to inspire girls and women to make healthy choices, on and off their bikes.
The Mission of Wisconsin Women Cycling is helping people get active, through cycling, resulting in happier, healthier communities.
Our Vision is to grow the sport and ensure sustainability in women’s cycling for the future by creating an opportunity of advancement for women cyclists through holding or backing programs focused on upholding and guiding women cyclists statewide.
Our Passion is to inspire girls and women to ride! We promote cycling as a fun, attainable, and accessible means to commute and build community.
- Establishing the Wisconsin Bike Festival, including Wisconsin's only Women-only Century Ride, as a foremost event for women cyclists of all skill levels.
- Another 1st in Wisconsin, Bike4aCause where non-profits plug into the Wisconsin Bike Festival to fund raise for their cause and programs.
- Develop and grow a thriving and giving loving-the-outdoors community.
- WOW cycling enthusiasts with an array of options by working with local and state officials and groups to raise Waukesha, Ozaukee and Washington (WOW) Counties to the top as the premier riding and vacationing destination for cyclists of all levels.
Long-Term GoalsOur Long-Term Goals are aimed at working with supporters of women’s cycling to make the following advances for the sport:
- Work with cycling industry companies, organizations (such as Clubs, Teams and High Schools) and the media to grow the sport of cycling in Wisconsin and ensure sustainability in women’s cycling for the future.
- Nurture the interest and support the development of amateur women by partnering with grassroots programs and facilitating mentoring programs for junior and developing riders.
- Improve women rider participation by offering Grants or Awards or Scholarships to Clubs, Teams or High Schools that promote, support and grow women’s cycling (example, funds to be used for entry fees, prize purse, shared equipment, etc.)
- Increase the breadth and depth of media coverage in Wisconsin of women’s cycling and the sport of cycling in general.
Organized in Wisconsin as a for-profit business, Wisconsin Women, LLC is doing business as Wisconsin Women Cycling.
Last Updated 20180211 cmp