Develop bike-handling skills to gain comfort and confidence for greater speed and safety. We’ll meet for a session of skill drills, followed by the on-road clinic. Our skill drills are designed to teach you progressive bike handling skills.
8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
W65 N630 Saint John Avenue
Cedarburg, WI 53012
|Essential Road Bike Skills: Session #1 Only||$65.00|
Essential Skills – Weekend Skills Clinic Only
- Saturday Sept 28, 2019
- 8:00am – 2:00pm
- Online registration closed Friday 9/27
- Age: 16 years and older
- Cost: $55.00
- Includes lunch
- Location: WI Women Cycling Studio, W65 N630 Saint John Avenue, Cedarburg, WI 53012
- 2:00 – 2:30 Bonus Session – Mechanical & Bike Care
Coach Brian Petted
Presented by Wisconsin Women Cycling
Subject to change. No refunds will be given if participant cancels but the participant may transfer session(s) to another rider.
Sanctioned under USA Cycling Permit: 2019-1527
Our skills clinics follow similar format with a weekend skills clinic, followed up with an optional mid-week practice sessions. It will be very beneficial for all riders to attend the weekend skills clinic. The weekend skills clinic is where most of the groundwork will be laid and the group will learn to work cohesively. The mid-week skills development sessions are for cementing the learning and implementation of the skills. We’ve never had anyone who was “too experienced for” the initial weekend session.
Below is a snapshot of the progression – fundamental to advanced, broken down into technical drills. While the fundamental skills are the same, the drills, terrain and ways of learning can be different whether on the road or off.
- principles for safe bicycling and managing obstacles
- correct body positioning and balance on the bike
- braking, shifting and proper gear selection
- efficient pedaling techniques
- cornering techniques for speed and safety
- hill climbing and descending
- group riding